Thursday 19 April 2007

My days in hospital

Friday, April 13, 2007

I was up early this morning and moved to have a shower as surgery apparently rang through and said to prepare me as they were sending wards men up to get me. So today is the day.

I got back to my room mid afternoon, relieved that it is over, but the pain is starting to kick in. I am on morphine. I don’t want to take it but, the pain is becoming too much. I tried talking on MSN, but I keep falling to sleep. I may be a bit better tomorrow.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Had a bit of a rough night, but awake early this morning. I got up and walked to my bathroom. I have a single room, which is great I only have to put up with myself, and have my own bathroom and toilet. I am still on morphine, and the surgeon came to visit this morning. I am now on clear fluids. So at least I can have more that just a couple of icecubes to suck on. Seeing it is the weekend, I am back chatting on MSN and listening to my mp3 player. I tend to drop off occasionally though.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Not really having a good day. Feeling quite sick. Slept most of the day.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Feeling good today. Very sore, but relieved. Went for a walk around the ward then back to bed. Something funny happened today. I go to sleep with my mobile phone in my hand as I am constantly texting friends. We I got out of bed this morning the nurse suggested I may as well have a shower. By the time I did and returned to bed, my sheets had been changed and bed made. I didn’t think about it at the time. Later in the afternoon I went to text some friends and couldn’t find my phone. Thinking back I knew I had left it in my bed. I asked the nurse about where the dirty sheets might be because I had lost my phone. Luckily there were still on the ward and put into their own bags for each room. They got the bags out, and the first one they checked as they pulled the sheets out my phone hit the floor. I don’t know who was more excited, me or the nurse. But all the staff seemed to get a laugh out of it. At least I got my phone back. The battery was flat, but a quick charge fixed that.

Finally on Wednesday 18th I was released from hospital. Mind you I walked the 300 metres to Ronald McDonald House and spend the rest of the day sleeping.


No comments: