Saturday 7 April 2007

Easter Time is here

I was just reading through my previous posts here. I promised that I would blog more often, but I didn't. Many things have been happening in my life. I have been to Brisbane for monthly visits January, February and March.

I was excited in December as I had an appointment in January to see a surgeon to get my "corrective surgery". Seemed that it meant more to me but not to them. I had been stable for a few months and officially in "remission", only getting headaches occasionally which I worked out to be dehydration. As soon as I felt the slightest pain, I would drink more water. This even meant that I was up a couple of times a night to refill my water bottle. So being excited that the operation would be done before Easter as promised back in June/July. But on my January appointment to the surgeons I wasn't even put on a waiting list. They told me while I was still on my medication they wouldn't do it. It was a bit of a shock. Seemed that I was all alone on this. I can now talk about it, I was depressed. I do seem to suffer from what they call depression. LOL To me it is just that I am p###ed off! Sick of the whole damn thing.

But last month when I went for my monthly visits to my consultant and my renal consultant I also had an appointment with "The Surgeon" again... But he didn't turn up, I sort of expected something like that. Maybe he was sick or something. I do realize that I am only one of hundreds of people who need some help. Our health system is not the best when it comes to elective things. But a very proactive employee whom had consulted with my consultant on my case, got things moving. I had a pre op with a surgical registrar then later that day I saw the anethesist. Mum and I had to run to catch our flight home, but we didn't have a date when it might happen.

My usual monthly appointment for April is the 10th Yes straight after the Easter long weekend. Mum got a call from RBWH that my surgery has been booked for the 11th April. So I am happy that this is finally going to happen, but I just hope there are no spanners in my pockets this time. (An ongoing joke between me and my doctors) I don't want anything to go wrong this time. It is do or die time. This is the first time I have had time to think about what could happen.

So this will be my last post before I have surgery. Hopefully I will be posting within the week. I am taking my laptop down with me. I need something to take away the boredom.

No comments: