Thursday 21 September 2006

Back from Brisbane for this month

Well, I have been back for my last chemo. The sixth one in six months. I am glad that is over. Only got a bit nauseous, nothing bad. Saw the doctor, my consultant was away, but I knew that. All blood tests seem OK. Ancas won't be known until the end of the week. I usually don't hear anything unless there is a problem. But I have to go back next month and have blood tests and a 24 hours urine test. They want all the results before they see me, but the tests are to be done in the hospital. For me that means, two wasted days between tests and doctors visit. So in the meantime, it is all systems go. That is a month away, so I am not going to waste any time. Now is the time to live, between doctors and hospital visits. I feel OK, sleeping alot though, but not now that I am home.

I am going to see if I can get myself a digital camera and start taking some photos, not of me, as I don't look anything like I used too. I have not gained any more weight in the last month, so that is a plus. But I still feel fat, and look fat. I used to be skinny and full of energy, now I have slowed down, I don't know whether it is the prednisone or just me. Anyway, life is out there and I am going to enjoy the rest of the next three weeks.

No comments: